This recipe is a keeper. These cookies are Soft, moist, chewy, chocolatey……YUM! Aaaand they are gluten free!
Yep, I’m guilty! I have been known in the past to turn my nose up to a gluten free baked good and automatically decide that I won’t like it, or it won’t be good enough because it is gluten free. I’ve tried different gluten free cupcakes and cookies and blech…..they are just meh.
All I can say right now is BOY WAS I WRONG!!! These cookies are sooooo good!
They looked pretty and tasted AMAZING and to add insult to injury, my absolute favorite cookies that I made after making this recipe were a complete and total bomb!!!! I still don’t know what I did wrong, but whatever it was, I did it good! Uggghhhhhh!
But these cookies? These monster cookies which happen to be gluten free so my sweet, sweet friend that I miss dearly in Ohio while I moved to South Carolina and Covid has ruined 2020 could eat them….they turned out absolutely amazing! Even Jim agreed that they were DELISH!
I am pretty darn sure that these cookies will now be in the rotation of desserts from here on out! Think of them as a peanut butter cookie on steroids! A chunky, chewy, nutty cookie with chocolate!!!!! Y’all know I love my chocolate!
make it your own
This would be another easy recipe to tweak to your liking. Swap out the m&m’s for coconut or another kind of nut. Use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate.
Throw in some mini marshmallows. Make it your own! So often I tweak a recipe so that it fits with the things that we love….the flavors that we prefer.
Of course you can’t go crazy changing everything up. You might mess with the structure and integrity of the cookie that way. But swapping out chips or nuts or adding a flavor that you love just adds another element that not only makes it your own, but also might just make it your new favorite!
Making this recipe is pretty straightforward as far as cookies go.
- Start by mixing your butter with both brown and white sugars with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add in peanut butter, corn syrup, eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Next, stir in the oats, baking soda and salt by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Finally add chocolate chips and m&m’s and stir it up real good.
- Drop the dough in ¼ cup portions onto a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let cool on baking sheet for about 3 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
What is your favorite kind of cookie????
There are so many choices out there for cookies these days. Everyone has their own spin on the best chocolate chip cookie.
I would have to say that is the best peanut butter cookie I’ve had…but of course it’s got lots of chocolate in it, so maybe it’s not a peanut butter cookie after all?
It’s the best Monster Cookie I’ve had, and I’ll be enjoying it again soon!
Credit: The original recipe can be found at: https://kumquatblog.com/monster-cookies/
Gluten Free Monster Cookies
- 1/4 cup Butter Softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar Add 2 additional tablespoons
- 2 cups Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Corn Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups Rolled Oats Certified Gluten Free
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1 cup Chocolate Chip Morsels
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350`.
- Combine butter, sugar and brown sugar at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth. Add peanut butter, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla; mix until just combined.
- Stir in oats, baking soda and salt using a large wooden spoon. Gently stir in M&Ms and chocolate chip morsels until well-combined.
- Drop 1/4 cup portions of dough about 4 inches apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350` for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. (Bake less time for a chewy cookie, more time for a crunchy one.) Let cool for 3 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. But eat at least one while it's still warm.
Yes, I admit it, it’s a clickbait headline. I’m guilty and…
This smoked salmon recipe knocked our socks off! Smoky, salty with…
My chili recipe is an often requested favorite for family and…
This year is a little crazy. Trying to decide what to…