If I told you that you could make delicious peanut butter fudge with just two ingredients would you try it?
This simple and quick peanut butter fudge recipe yields delicious results with a very smooth, and not overly sweet, peanut buttery flavor! You can top it or not with tasty things like crushed candy, oreos, or sprinkles.
If you are short on time and have a hankering for something peanutty, this will fit the bill!
Peanut butter is a favorite in our house. It always has been!
Being foster parents for five years and adopting four kids, we have had kids around for ages! We also have had a revolving door of friends and family over for parties, gatherings and campfires, and have taken food to school functions and other gatherings. One of the staples at these gatherings is food! And I can safely say that we have consumed jars and jars and jars of peanut butter over the last 20 years!
PB & J was king when the kids were young! I cannot imagine a life without peanut butter!
Close friends of ours have a son who was very allergic to peanuts when he was young, so for a time we had to be very careful when we would spend time with them.
Thankfully there were alternative butters that he could enjoy, and now he has grown out of this allergy. Not everyone does, though!
Easy, simple, delicious!
I’ll cut right to the chase here.
- 1 jar of peanut butter
- 1 can of ready made frosting
That’s it! That’s all you need to make a simple but delicious peanut butter fudge.
- Microwave your peanut butter and your frosting.
- Mix together in a bowl, pour into a parchment lined pan.
- Add your topping of choice (if you would like.)
- Refrigerate for about an hour or so until firm.
- Once firm, remove fudge from pan and cut into squares and you’ll have easy peasy, droolworthy peanut butter fudge!
Mix it up!
You can also switch up the flavors of fudge by using different ingredients. Try these variations:
One can of Chocolate Frosting with:
- 2 cups of peanut butter for chocolate peanut butter fudge
- 2 cups of chocolate chips for double chocolate fudge (change to darker chocolate for deeper chocolate flavor)
One can of Vanilla Frosting with:
- vanilla chocolate chips for vanilla fudge
- regular chocolate chips for a lighter chocolate flavor
Add in mix ins to any of the above after melted such as nuts, chocolate chips, crushed oreos or candy bits or simply sprinkle on top.
Follow the directions exactly the same with the above recipes as you would with the peanut butter fudge by melting both the frosting and second ingredient, mix to combine, add any additional mix ins or spread in pan and top with chosen toppings. Pop it in the fridge to harden, cut and nosh!!!!
Easy Peasy Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 16oz can of vanilla frosting
- 1 16oz jar of peanut butter
- toppings for fudge (optional)
- Remove lid and foil from peanut butter and microwave for 1:30 to 2 minutes until melted. Pour into medium sized bowl.
- Remove lid and foil from frosting container and microwave for one minute until melted. Pour into bowl with melted peanut butter and stir until combined.
- Line 8×8 or 9×9 square baking dish or glass dish with parchment paper and pour fudge mixture into pan. If using toppings, sprinkle toppings on fudge and press lightly into fudge. Cover and refrigerate for one hour or until firm.
- Using butter knife, run around edges of fudge and lift out with parchment. Cut into pieces to serve.